Academy Registrations will open for the FALL & WINTER Sessions;
June 15, 2023 @ 1:30pm MST
.... registration will close OCT 2, 2023 @ 6:00pm MST or when the program reaches capacity!
Academy - 2023-2024 Season
Southwest Hockey is very excited to continue offering the Academy for U9, U11 & U13!
We have partnered with some great instructors from our hockey community! Under guidance from certified, professional coaches; this individualized program will challenge participants to improve their skills beyond their comfort zone through high intensity drills.
This in-house SW Academy is for participants who are looking for extra on-ice training.
It is geared to participants;
U9 ---> SW Teams 1 & 2 - Players and Goalies
U11 & U13 ---> SW Teams 1 to 4 - Players and Goalies
You will be able to register for the Fall Program, the Winter Program or BOTH programs when we open registration!
BONUS Opportunity ---> If you register for both programs at the time of registration, before the Fall Program starts you will receive a 10% discount on the total cost of the two programs.
Additionally, you will now be able to select the "installment plan" as a payment option for this program.
The Academy will operate in two sessions;
- Fall: October to December
- Winter: January to March ---> Registration will re-open NOV 1, 2023 based on availability
This program will register a maximum of 20 players, and 4 goalies per group.
- Registration is open to fully registered Southwest participants only.
- Register early to avoid disappointment as there is a limited number of spaces available.
- Registrations will be prioritized on a ‘first come, first COMPLETED registration’.
- Registrations will be verified to confirm that the participant is registered to the correct team roster.
- Other age groups and divisions can contact the Director of Development for consideration "prior" to registering. If an exception is made there are no additional Association commitments to coordinating scheduling conflicts.
- Verified participants will be divided up into groups based on 'like-skills' and abilities.
- Confirmation of your group time will be communicated by the Director of Development. See each division for deadline dates.
- Registrations will close 1 day prior to or when the program reaches capacity.
- Participants who do not successfully evaluate for a qualifying team following evaluations; would receive a full refund.
- No Association practices will be scheduled on Academy designated days. See your division for the schedule information.
- No refunds are issued for missed sessions.
Player Academy (20 participants per group)
Players will focus on skills such as; Skating Agility, Skating Mobility, Shooting/Passing, Hockey IQ, Speed Drills, Puck Control, Battle Drills & Technical Skills.
Alternating sessions between power skating and skills.
Goalie Academy (4 goalies per group, 2 goalies per group in U9)
Sessions all instructed by World Pro. Instructor ratio will be 2:1
Goalies will focus on skills such as; Skating, Sliding, Edgework, Puck Handling, Balance, Body Control, Patience & Technical Skills.
Goaltenders will have sessions at either the World Pro facility or at either Cardel or Oakridge.
- Full Payment of the program is due by Sep 15th
- An "Installment Payment" option has been added this season.
- A 10% discount will be offered when you register for both the Fall & Winter session at the same time, prior to the start of the Fall session.
- The Academy is subject to cancellation, and entitled to full refund if there are insufficient registrations.
- Members who withdraw are subject to a $75 non-refundable admin fee up to 1 day prior to the start of the program.
- NO refunds as of the start date of the program.
- NO refunds are issued for missed sessions.
- If you registered for both the fall and winter session and qualified for the discount, then withdraw from either program, the discount is no longer eligible
- To withdraw, complete the withdrawal form via this link: Click Here. The timestamp on the withdrawal form will be used for the above timelines.