Academy Registrations will open for the Winter Program;
November 15, 2021 between 9:00am - 9:15am MST
.... registration will remain open till the start of the program or when the program reaches capacity!
Academy - 2021-2022 Season
Southwest Hockey is very excited to pilot an Academy program for the U9, U11 & U13 divisions for the 2021-2022 season!! We have partnered with some great instructors from our hockey community! Under guidance from certified, professional coaches; this individualized program will challenge participants to improve their skills beyond their comfort zone through high intensity drills.
This in-house SW Academy pilot program is for participants who are looking for extra on-ice training. It is geared to participants;
U9 ---> SW Teams 1 & 2 - Players and Goalies
U11 & U13 ---> SW Teams 1 to 4- Players and Goalies
The Academy will operate in two sessions;
- Fall Program from October to December ---> Registration Opens July 5, 2021
- Winter Program from January to March ---> Registration Opens November 15, 2021
This program will register a maximum of 20 players, and 4 goalies per group.
- Registration is open to fully registered Southwest participants only.
- Register early to avoid disappointment as there is a limited number of spaces available.
- The registrations for this program will be based on a ‘first come, first COMPLETED registration’.
- Registrations will be verified to confirm that the participant is registered to the correct team roster.
- Verified participants will be placed within their age category and grouped with ‘like-skilled’ participants
- Group confirmations will be communicated by the Director of Development. See your division for the deadline date.
- Registrations will close 1 day prior to or when the program reaches capacity.
- Participants who do not successfully evaluate for a qualifying team following evaluations; would receive a full refund, minus the admin fee.
- No Association practices will be scheduled on Academy designated days. See your division for the schedule information.
Player Academy (20 participants per group)
Players will focus on skills such as; Skating Agility, Skating Mobility, Shooting/Passing, Hockey IQ, Speed Drills, Puck Control, Battle Drills & Technical Skills.
Alternating sessions between power skating and skills.
Goalie Academy (4 goalies per group)
Sessions all instructed by World Pro. Instructor ratio will be 2:1 (facility) & 4:1 (rink)
Goalies will focus on skills such as; Skating, Sliding, Edgework, Puck Handling, Balance, Body Control, Patience & Technical Skills.
Goaltenders will have sessions at either the World Pro facility or at either Cardel or Oakridge.
- Academy Program is subject to cancellation, and entitled to full refund if there are insufficient registrations.
- Withdrawals are subject to a $75 non-refundable admin fee up to 1 day prior to the start of the program.
- NO refunds as of the start date of the program.
- To withdraw, complete the withdrawal form via this link: Click Here. The timestamp on the withdrawal form will be used for the above timelines.