Power Skating Registrations will open for the Winter Program;
November 15, 2021 between 9:00am - 9:15am MST
.... registration will remain open till the start of the program or when the program reaches capacity!
Power Skating - U7 & U9
Southwest Hockey is very excited to pilot a Power Skating program for U7 (2015) and the U9 division for the 2021-2022 season!! Southwest Hockey is proud to partner with Deanna Curran Power Skating! This individualized program will run at a high level of intensity pushing the skater beyond their comfort zone. All areas of skating will be covered. The main focus of the program will be on a the development of each player's individual skill sets and abilities.
This in-house SW Power Skating pilot program is for participants who are looking for extra on-ice training. It is geared to participants;
U7 ---> SW U7 SR Teams
U9 ---> SW Community Teams 3 and 4 and U9 House League
The Power Skating Program will operate in two sessions;
- Fall Session from October to December. Registration opens JUL 5, 2021
- Winter Session from January to March. Registration opens NOV 15, 2021
Meet the Power Skating Instructor!
Instructor - Deanna Curran
Deanna has been an innovator in the field of power skating for over 35 years. She has worked predominantly in the Calgary area but her expertise and reputation has taken her as far as Japan. Although she works with all levels of professional players, her ability to reach all ages and skill levels is what sets her apart. Her command of the ice and her skaters allows for quick, easy acquisition of skills. She works hard and expects the same of everyone she works with.
Power Skating Registration
This program will register a maximum of 20 players per group.
- Registration is open to fully registered Southwest participants only.
- Register early to avoid disappointment as there is a limited number of spaces available.
- The registrations for this program will be based on a ‘first come, first COMPLETED registration’.
- Registrations will be verified to confirm that the participant is registered to the correct team roster.
- Registrations will close 1 day prior to or when the program reaches capacity.
- Participants who do not successfully evaluate for a qualifying team following evaluations; would receive a full refund, minus the admin fee.
- No Association practices will be scheduled on Power Skating designated days. See your division for the schedule information.
All areas of skating will be covered. The main focus of the program will be on a the development of each player's individual skill sets and abilities
- Power Skating Program is subject to cancellation, and entitled to full refund if there are insufficient registrations.
- Withdrawals are subject to a $75 non-refundable admin fee up to 1 day prior to the start of the program.
- NO refunds as of the start date of the program.
- To withdraw, complete the withdrawal form via this link: Click Here. The timestamp on the withdrawal form will be used for the above timelines.