Registration for the WINTER session opens as of;
November 1, 2023 @ 12:00pm MST
.... registration will remain open until the start of the program or until it is full!
Registration Link is at the bottom of the page.
CUBS - 3 & 4 year olds (2019 & 2020 birth years)
This is a non-competitive ‘learn to skate’ with an introduction to the basics of hockey for participants who are 3 & 4 years old (2019 & 2020 birth years). The participant must be 3 years old by the start of the program they are registering for.
No previous hockey experience is necessary. Participants must be able to get up and down on their own without assistance, and should be able to 'shuffle' across the ice without assistance prior to registering for this program".
The CUBS Program is intended to provide kids with some understanding of the game through such drills as; forward & backward skating, balancing, turning, stick-handling, and shooting. This camp will focus on FUN!
There is limited space in this program so register early to avoid disappointment.
JOIN WITH A FRIEND!! Registration is open to participants from ANY community! You do NOT have to be a current member of Southwest Hockey to register for this program.
Members can register for one or both sessions as per the registration details below.
Southwest Hockey is excited to partner with Village Kids again for our CUBS program. As partners we are excited to offer our CUBS 3 physical literacy sessions in each the Fall & Winter sessions. Parents and guardians are encouraged to participate in these indoor off-ice sessions.
Village Kids is excited to be a part of your first experience with hockey! The VK team is offering a fun off-ice program that builds physical skills, social connections and confidence that will carry over from the ice to home, school and playground. Early sport experiences set the foundation to acquire skills that help our children prepare for the rest of their lives. Village Kids is built on a passion to help develop, nurture, and support kids to be the best they can be, both in and out of sport.
CUBS SCHEDULE 2023-2024
|DETAILS||FALL PROGRAM||WINTER PROGRAM|
|WHERE||Cardel Rec South||Cardel Rec South|
|DATES||OCT 14 – DEC 16||JAN 6 – MAR 9|
|# of ICE SESSIONS||10||10|
|# of OFF-Ice SESSIONS||3||3|
|Session Length||45 minutes||45 minutes|
|REGISTRATION OPENS||JUN 15||NOV 1|
|SCHEDULE DETAILS||CLICK HERE||CLICK HERE|
|SCHEDULES||Subject to change||Subject to change|
Cardel Rec South
333 Shawville Blvd SE
Calgary, AB T2Y 4H3
Located in: Shawnessy Shopping Center by the YMCA
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
EQUIPMENT & CARE
Use the FAQ link for more information and resources about equipment. Additionally, it is important to note:
- Hockey sticks should be between the child’s chin and nose --- while ON skates.
- Hockey Tape should also be put on both the ‘butt end’ and blade of the stick.
- Skates ‘out of the box’ are NOT sharp. They will need to be sharpened prior to the participants first skate session.
What to Bring: CSA Approved Hockey Equipment and hockey stick(s), along with a FILLED water bottle with player name on it.
FULL EQUIPMENT is ALWAYS MANDATORY!!
COACHING in CUBS
Fee: $300 includes a CUBS jersey, hockey socks, and a Feature Game with Medal Presentation at the end.
- Registration is only available online and payment is due at time of registration.
Community Boundaries: No restrictions
- Fall Session: 2023 JUN 15
- Winter Session: 2023 NOV 1
- The program is subject to cancellation, and entitled to full refund if there are insufficient registrations.
- Withdrawals more than 10-days prior to the start, are subject to a $50 non-refundable admin fee.
- No refunds within 10-days prior to program start date, or after program commences.
- Medical withdrawals are considered on a case-by-case basis and a doctor’s note may be required.
- Withdraw Form ---> Click Here