Registration will be open;
June 15, 2023 @ 1:00pm MST till August 31, 2023 @11:59pm
.... Late fee is effective September 1 based on availability
SOUTH CALGARY HOCKEY HOUSE LEAGUE (SCHHL)
U9 (2015/2016) & U11 (2013/2014)
The Flames Community House League is a partnership between the Calgary Flames organization, Hockey Calgary and our member associations. The goal is to provide recreational players the opportunity to play organized hockey that is affordable, fun and safe with moderate time commitments allowing for participation in other social, academic or recreational activities. It also provides players with limited skills and knowledge an introduction to the game in a less intimidating format. The program is regionally based, offers participants a chance to play the great game of hockey with less time and travel commitments.
Southwest Hockey is excited to be part of this league in conjunction with; Bow Valley, Knights & Wolverines.
Age Divisions: U9 & U11 (2013-2016)
Program runs: October 16, 2023 to March 3, 2024 (for schedule details click the "Registration Information" link below)
If you are interested in this league, register early to avoid disappointment! Limited number of spaces available.
The registrations for this league are on a ‘first come, first COMPLETED registration’ basis.
Every team gets 1 practice and 1 game per week. For details on the scheduled breaks throughout the season see the "Registration Information document".
Each Association schedules their teams for practices and their "home" games.
Southwest teams will PRACTICE;
Arena - Cardel Rec South (CRS)
Day - Wednesday's
Times - Will alternate between 4:00-5:00pm and 5:15-6:15pm
- All league games will be held on either Saturday or Sunday. For possible arenas and time range for the league you can click on the "Registration Information document"
- The complete game schedule will NOT be determined, and will NOT be communicated, in advance of your team placement.
Southwest "HOME" games will be held;
- U9 at Cardel from 8:00am - 9:00am
- U11 at Oakridge from 10:45am - 11:45am
The information here is provided as a guideline for the upcoming season and can be subject to change.
HOUSE LEAGUE JAMBOREE
Hockey Calgary is excited to host the first House League Jamboree this season for all House League teams across the city!!
All the SCHHL teams are eligible to participate!! Stay tuned for updates!
Date of Event: February 23-25, 2024
What is the difference between House League and Community??
|COMPARING||House League||Community League|
|Player Placement||Teams are balanced||Players are tiered based on skill|
|Volunteers Required for Program||YES||Yes|
|Volunteer Bond||Determined by Association||Yes|
|Full-Ice Practices||NO||U9: No // U11: Some|
|Full-Ice Games||U9: No // U11: Yes||U9: No // U11: Yes|
|Purchase Additional Ice||NO||Yes|
|Exhibition Games Permitted||NO||Yes|
|Esso Minor Hockey Week||NO||Yes|
|House League Jamboree||Yes. Hosted by Hockey Calgary||No|
|Playoffs Permitted||NO||U9: No // U11: Yes|
|Police Checks for Coaches||YES. Mandatory||Yes. Mandatory|
|Coaching Requirements||Same in both leagues||Same in both leagues|
Participation in this program is a mandatory requirement of registration with SW. The benefits of volunteering are enormous to you, your family, and our hockey community.
If you have a child playing in both the Community League and House League, you MUST fulfill the Volunteer Bond requirements for the Community League.
COACHING in House League
EQUIPMENT & CARE
- Hockey sticks should be between the child’s chin and nose --- while ON skates.
- Hockey Tape should also be put on both the ‘butt end’ and blade of the stick.
- Skates ‘out of the box’ are NOT sharp. They will need to be sharpened prior to the participants first skate session.
FULL EQUIPMENT is ALWAYS MANDATORY!!
EVALUATIONS / TEAM PLACEMENT
Pathway Skates: Tentatively scheduled for: SEP X & X, 2023
- There will be two (2) ‘Pathway Skates’ scheduled prior to your ‘Placement Skates’.
- These are NOT evaluated skates.
- These particular skates allow participants to get back onto the ice in a less formal setting before the Placement Skates occur.
- While Pathway Skates are not mandatory; they are highly recommended!!
Evaluation/Placement Skates: Tentatively scheduled for early OCT X & X, 2023
- There will be two (2) ‘Placement Skates’ scheduled.
- These ARE evaluated skates.
- Placement Skates are used to assist with ensuring teams are balanced.
- Attendance IS MANDATORY to allow for proper team balancing.
You will receive your team information from either your Coach or a TeamSnap invitation once the evaluation/placement skates have concluded.
Ready to Register?
Registration links open JUNE 15, 2023
This program is ONLY for participants born from 2013 to 2016!