WELCOME TEAM MANAGERS!
On behalf of the Southwest Hockey Association Board of Directors; Volunteers, Coaching Staff, Players and Parents; THANK YOU for volunteering to be a Team Manager.
The role of a Team Manager is an integral part of a successful coaching team! YOU are the conduit between the team, the coaches the Association and Hockey Calgary League Chairs.
Aside from the coaching staff, the person most in touch with the families is the Team Manager. The purpose of this role is to ensure the smooth operation of a team’s 'off-ice' administration to allow the coaches to concentrate on the ‘on ice’ activities.
NOTE: Ultimately, the responsibility of ensuring all off-ice tasks are completed, lies with the Team Manager. Therefore, it is VERY IMPORTANT to follow up and stay connected with your parent volunteers to ensure duties are being completed.
YOU'RE THE TEAM MANAGER! NOW WHAT?!
We understand that being a Team Manager can feel overwhelming at times. Our website and the resources that are offered are meant to help you navigate your way through the season!
UPDATED MANAGER "START-UP" CHECKLIST! --> Stay Tuned!
The purpose of this Start-up Checklist aims to provide basic guidance to Team Managers over the course of the season.
As a Team Manager, if you come into this position "late"; then there will be some “catching-up” to do. However, if at any point of the checklist there are questions ~ PLEASE don’t hesitate to contact the Administrator at: email@example.com for further guidance.
- The Manager Start-Up Checklist is a ‘high-level’ overview.
- The checklist should be used in combination with the TeamOps tab, AS WELL AS the SW Hockey Manager Guide, AND the Resource page.
- The Resource link is at the top of this page.
- This is also a "LIVING" Manager Guide, and may be updated as needed.
Questions about ice scheduling?
Many questions are answered in the FAQ provided at this link: CLICK HERE
If after reviewing the Ice Scheduling page, and you still have questions, please contact the Ice Scheduler. The contact button is at the top of the page.
- RESOURCE BUTTON --> Top of the page in case you missed it. This is where you'll find all the guides, documents, forms, templates and lots more information!
- Delegation is an important part of managing a team. However, even though roles are delegated, it is still the Managers responsibility to ensure that the jobs are being completed.
- Managers need to be neutral when dealing with all families. Each family may have different needs, no family is the same. If a dispute needs to be resolved, follow the new process listed, under the Team Manager Resources
- There is no “Co-Manager” position. One individual needs to take on the title of the Team Manager, and one needs to take on the title of Assistant Manager. This supports a smoother communication and delegation process.
- Team Managers do not have “free reign” to; book, decide on, or make the sole decisions about the team without discussing matters with the Head Coach.
SW Bottle Drives
LET US KNOW, and increase your chance at a more successful bottle drive!
Check out the list below to see what teams have been in which communities.
Email the Webmaster to have your Bottle Drive details posted here!
We will also schedule your event into our Social Media so people know you are coming!!
It's a Win-Win - You keep 100% of the money raised from your Bottle Drive and you help us get more kids into sport!
Find out why should you Partner with KidSport for your team's bottle Drive? Click Here
|2023 JAN 2||U11 3||9:00am-11:00am||Woodbine/Woodlands|
|2023 JAN 2||U7 SR 1||11:00-1:00pm||Evergreen/Bridlewood|
|2022 DEC 27||U13 SW 6||11:00-1:00pm||Evergreen/Bridlewood|
|2022 NOV 20||U13 SW 6||10:30-1:00pm||Millrise / Evergreen|
|2022 NOV 19||U9 SW 4 BLUE||10:30am||Millrise, Shawnee Slopes and Evergreen Estates|
|2022 NOV 12||U7 SR 1||11:00-1:00pm||Evergreen/Bridlewood|
|2022 NOV 5||U7 SW SR2||11:00am||Oakridge|
|2022 OCT 30||U11 SW 2 BLUE||10:30-12:30pm||Bayview, Pumphill and Oakridge|
|2022 OCT 30||U9 SW 3 BLUE||11:00am||Canyon Meadows|
|2022 OCT 22||U7 SR 1||10:00-2:00pm||Bridlewood, Evergreen & Somerset|
|2022 OCT 16||U9 SW 1 BLUE||Somerset|
|2022 OCT 16||U11 SW HADP||2:30-5:30pm||Shawnessy|
|2022 OCT 16||U13 SW 4||12:00-3:00pm||Silverado|
|2022 OCT 15||U13 SW 2||1:00pm||Haysboro|
|2022 OCT 15||U9 SW 3 GOLD||Braeside & Palliser|
|2022 OCT 15||U13 SW 6||10:00-2:00pm||Bridlewood & Somerset|
|2022 OCT 15||U9 SW 2 GOLD||10:30-12:30pm||Cedarbrae|
|2022 OCT 15||U9 SW 2 BLUE||11:30am||Woodbine/Woodlands|
|2022 OCT 15||U9 SW 4 BLUE||11:00am||Evergreen|
|2022 OCT 2||U13 SW 3 BLUE||11:00am||Oakridge/Palliser|
|2022 OCT 2||U11 SW 1||9:00am||Oakridge: Louis Riel School|