The Southwest Hockey Association was established May 3, 2016 as a result of a merger between then Associations, Shaw Meadows Hockey Association and the Southland Hockey Association.
Southwest Hockey is a VOLUNTEER driven organization that is dedicated to hockey players in our community from Cubs to Junior (ages 4 to 21). Southwest is a community member Association operating under our governing bodies, Hockey Calgary, Hockey Alberta and Hockey Canada.
Mission Statement & Objectives
To make hockey a fun and rewarding experience for all participants through a program that provides an organized and disciplined approach to developing hockey skills.
- To encourage, promote, coordinate, improve and provide the means to enhance the experience of all those who wish to play, coach or otherwise become involved in the sport of hockey.
- To also provide a safe, fun, and fair environment in order to promote the improvement of the participants’ basic hockey, coaching skills, and referee development
Southwest Hockey Association
2019-2020 Scheduled Board Meetings
|June Meeting||May 27, 2019|
|July Meeting||July 8, 2019|
|August Meeting||August 12, 2019|
|September Meeting||September 9, 2019|
|October Meeting||October 7, 2019|
|November Meeting||November 4, 2019|
|December Meeting||December 2, 2019|
|January Meeting||January 6, 2020|
|February Meeting||February 3, 2020|
|March Meeting||March 2, 2020|
|April Meeting||April 6, 2020|
|May Meeting||May 4, 2020|
Annual General Meeting
As per our Bylaws the AGM is held in May of each year;
- 2020 - May 14 @ 7:00pm -----> Cardel Rec South in the Canadiens Room --- Posted May 23, 2019
- 2019 - May 9 - DRAFT Minutes - Minutes to be approved at the 2020 AGM. Final version is uploaded after approval.
- 2018 - May 10 - Approved Minutes
- 2017 - May 11 - Approved Minutes
- 2016 - May 30 - Approved Minutes
Awards & Recognitions
Each year we recognize a Volunteer of the Year for "SOUTHWEST HOCKEY" at the annual Hockey Calgary Awards banquet. Here is a list of our very deserving recipients...
Association Volunteer of the Year
|2019 - 2020||** Will this be you? **|
|2018 - 2019||CHRIS BEATON|
|2017 - 2018||SANDY GRANT|
|2016 - 2017||ZACH SMITH|
|2015 - 2016||SANDY FOSTER-MOHR|
Southwest Hockey is always looking for sponsors at the Association Level. For more information on the opportunities available please view the Southwest Sponsorship letter.